I’ve spent a few hours going through all the unclassified important bugs assigned to iceweasel. This resulted in
- 6 confirmed bugs,
- 16 where the reporter is asked for something,
- a few merged,
- another few reassigned to other packages,
- and around 50 bugs closed.
In the closed bugs, there were several kind of bugs:
- the bug log shows that the bug eventually disappeared or was not a bug, but the bug was still opened,
- the bug has been known to be fixed for a while,
- the reporter is unreachable and the bug is unreproducible,
- the bug has been spammed by several different and unrelated “me too”s, leading the bug to being a huge mess where you don’t know what was the problem to begin with (there were 2 such bugs, if I recall correctly), in which case I closed the bug, copying everybody and inviting to file individual bugs after confirming with newer versions.
- not a bug at all.
It will feel good when it will be visible on the bug graph.
Still 500+ to go… *sigh*
Who wants to jump on the bandwagon ? ;)