Archive for October, 2009

Iceweasel 3.5.3 in unstable, and fixing RC bugs as a side-effect

I finally started the xulrunner 1.9.1 transition in unstable, and uploaded Iceweasel 3.5.3 there.

One of the nice additions to the latest xulrunner (which has actually been in experimental for a couple weeks) is a dh_xulrunner script that adds the proper xulrunner package to shlibs:Depends, which means we are getting nearer to being able to handle xulrunner transitions with binNMUs only. We are still far from it, but it is a step closer. At least, transitions should get a bit easier. The way it works is very hackish, but it apparently works well enough for the packages that currently depend on xulrunner-dev. I also added a “xulrunner” dh sequence, for the dh users.

Anyways, as a side effect of the starting transition, I ended up fixing 4 RC bugs on a single package:

Another package with 3 RC bugs is impacted by this transition, but it looks like a good candidate for removal. That’s 7 RC bugs adressed by this transition, while not directly related to xulrunner.

2009-10-10 23:09:18+0200

firefox, xulrunner | 4 Comments »